[January 15, 2020 – Mentor, OH] – The Lake County Council on Aging is seeking nominations for the Lake County Senior Citizens Hall of Fame. Established in 1994, the Hall of Fame is a tribute to seniors who have generously given their time and energy to improve the quality of life in their communities or the county at large. Their contributions can be from their professional lives, or through volunteer work.
Judging will focus on the nominee’s contributions toward improving the community or the lives of others. An independent panel will then select the top nominees for induction in May during the Council on Aging’s Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony.
“Each year we recognize contributions made by older persons in the county. These extraordinary individuals work as volunteers, serve as role models, or use their talents to help others,” said Joe Tomsick, CEO of the Lake County Council on Aging. “There certainly is no shortage of Lake County seniors who have been incredible contributors in their communities.”
Nomination forms for the Senior Citizens Hall of Fame are due by March 6th, 2020 and can be returned to the Council on Aging, 8520 East Avenue, Mentor, OH 44060. Induction is held during the Council on Aging Annual Meeting in May, which coincides with Older Americans Month.
- Each Nominee must be age 60 or older.
- Nominee must have been a resident of Lake County, Ohio for the past 5 years.
- An individual or couple who – as a senior citizen (60 or older) – has had significant impact on an individual, organization or community.
- This individual or couple may have an impact on another person, organization or community through his/her employment, civic or volunteer activities since age 60.
Who May Nominate / Eligibility
- A person, group, business or organization may nominate individuals.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Awards may be given posthumously.
- Individuals or couples who have been nominated in past years may be nominated again with a new form.
Please keep in mind that we want biographical facts along with an anecdote that shows why the nominated person is unique.
Click here for the 2020 Senior Citizens Hall of Fame Criteria and Nomination Form or call 440-205-8111 to have one mailed to you. A fillable version of the Nomination Form can also be requested by calling 440-205-7066 and the fillable version will be emailed to you.