The Lake County Council on Aging of Ohio offers programs for those age 60 and over including: Information and Referral, Social Work Services, Meals on Wheels, In-Home Safety, Homemaker Services, and much more. Our non-profit agency is also an Aging and Disability Resource Center, serving individuals with disabilities who are age 18 and over. View our Service Directory Brochure.
Summer Crisis Program.
The Lake Council on Aging is pleased to announce that we are here to assist you with the 2021 Summer Crisis Program in conjunction with Lifeline (211). The program offers a one-time benefit to assist with electric utility bills, central air conditioning repairs, and air conditioning unit and/or fan purchases. Please CLICK HERE for additional information.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Lake County Council on Aging is pleased to announce that we have a limited number of vouchers for the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program still available. CLICK HERE for eligibility requirements and more information.
The Lake County Council on Aging has Re-Opened
The Lake County Council on Aging at 8520 East Ave. has opened its doors to the public.
Here’s what to expect:
EAST AVENUE BUILDING:
Clients will be permitted to enter the main lobby on East Avenue, and additionally meet with staff, preferably on a pre-appointment basis. Appointments may be made by calling (440) 205-8111.
- MASKS: All visitors to the Council on Aging offices will be required to wear a mask if they HAVE NOT BEEN fully vaccinated. Those who are full vaccinated may enter the building with no mask.
- IN OFFICE APPOINTMENTS: When meeting with a staff member of the Council on Aging, clients will have the option to request that a mask be worn by the employee.
- SYMPTOMS / TEMPERATURE CHECK: For the safety of all visitors and staff, a health assessment will be conducted upon entry. The Lake County Health District has asked that we continue to log Temperature and Symptom checks all who enter Council on Aging locations until July 30, 2021, unless otherwise directed.
- The East Avenue facility will continue to undergo a heightened cleaning and sanitizing schedule.
Congregate Meal “Lunch Places” are open in ALL nutrition sites.
- Painesville, Wickliffe and Willowick are serving a hot nutritious lunch Monday through Friday at 11:30am.
- Madison is serving lunch on Monday, Wednesday and Friday through July. Monday through Friday lunch service in Madison will resume on August 2nd.
- Reservations must be made by the Wednesday the week before by calling or visiting the nutrition site.
Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) is delivering a hot meal to clients Monday through Friday in ALL areas.
- For those interested in receiving Meals on Wheels who are 60 and older, live in Lake County, Ohio, have difficulty preparing meals, are unable to attend a congregate Lunch Place and have limited or no support to obtain and prepare food, please call 440-205-8111 to sign up.