The Lake County Council on Aging of Ohio offers programs for those age 60 and over including: Information and Referral, Social Work Services, Meals on Wheels, In-Home Safety, Homemaker Services, and much more. Our non-profit agency is also an Aging and Disability Resource Center, serving individuals with disabilities who are age 18 and over. View our Service Directory Brochure.
The Lake County Council on Aging has Re-OpenedThe Lake County Council on Aging at 8520 East Ave. has opened its doors to the public.
Here’s what to expect:
EAST AVENUE BUILDING:
Clients will be permitted to enter the main lobby on East Avenue, and additionally meet with staff, preferably on a pre-appointment basis. Appointments may be made by calling (440) 205-8111.
- MASKS: All visitors to the Council on Aging offices will be required to wear a mask if they HAVE NOT BEEN fully vaccinated. Those who are full vaccinated may enter the building with no mask.
- IN OFFICE APPOINTMENTS: When meeting with a staff member of the Council on Aging, clients will have the option to request that a mask be worn by the employee.
- SYMPTOMS / TEMPERATURE CHECK: For the safety of all visitors and staff, a health assessment will be conducted upon entry. The Lake County Health District has asked that we continue to log Temperature and Symptom checks all who enter Council on Aging locations until July 30, 2021, unless otherwise directed.
- The East Avenue facility will continue to undergo a heightened cleaning and sanitizing schedule.
- Beginning June 2nd: In-person congregate dining reopens in Wickliffe, Willowick and Painesville Lunch Places. Drive-thru pick up will continue for clients who do not want to come in yet until June 29th. Clients must choose dining or drive-thru and can switch to dining at any time. Please call your meal site directly. (Phone numbers at the bottom of this page) Lunch will be 11:30am to 12:30 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Reservations must be made by the Wednesday the week before. Prior clients (not active during pandemic) and new clients are welcome – space may be limited.
- Beginning June 14th: Home delivered meals (Meals on Wheels) will expand to five days for all sites except Madison.
- Note: Monday, July 5th is the observed Independence Day. All sites are closed and no meal will be provided for Monday.
- Beginning July 6th: Wickliffe, Willowick and Painesville Lunch Places will begin serving five days a week. All are welcome. Please call the nutrition site directly to make your reservation (phone numbers at the bottom of this page)
- Beginning July 7th: Madison Lunch Place is tentatively scheduled to reopen on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday schedule as described above.
- Beginning July 19th: Madison area home delivered meals are tentatively scheduled to resume five day service.