The Lake County Council on Aging (stand-only nonprofit, not a governmental agency) is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-project oriented Executive Assistant to CEO.
The Executive Assistant will work directly with the CEO and will be responsible for performing several project follow-up and administrative duties.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment, but most importantly extremely detail-oriented and reliable. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and dynamic nonprofit agency in Lake County.
- Relieve Chief Executive Officer of routine matters acting as liaison for the Chief Executive Officer’s office for staff, visitors and clients.
- Compose replies to routine correspondence for signature.
- Maintain calendar of critical activities and all meetings to apprise Chief Executive Officer of action needed and pertinent deadlines.
- Prepare agendas and materials for meetings or in anticipation of project deadlines.
- Coordinate timely intake and dissemination of information from reporting departments in accordance with the Chief Executive Officer’s directives or other deadlines.
- Perform simple and complex secretarial tasks to include document creations using various word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Attend monthly board meetings; record and transcribe board meeting minutes.
- Update and maintain board meeting minutes library.
- Prepare all documentation necessary for monthly board meeting; notify board members of upcoming meetings and provide board documentation packet..
- Update and maintain Board Orientation manual.
- Coordinate and publish the monthly employee newsletter.
- Coordinate and publish agency Facebook page, as well as maintain agency website
- Keep informed of changes to Agency policies and procedures recommending subsequent changes in office procedures and operations.
- Assist or assume lead responsibility for annual projects with department or Agency-wide impact.
- Plan, implement and coordinate activities needed to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Provide administrative support for special projects.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Executive Assistant: 8 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
Please send resume or work history to HumanResources@lccoa.org